3 Dec 2009

Wind of Change! [Bravo Interview]

WIND OF CHANGE OF CINEMA BIZARRE.

TRANSLATED BY NAN SPECIALLY FOR OFFICIAL RUSSIAN KIRO SUPPORT [INTERNATIONAL]

We met with guys from CB before their concert in Moscow and learned about everything: about nostalgy, life and death and about the fascination of foreign languages.

Bravo: Not so long ago we talked about your creative work, success and plans for the future. But today I’d like to talk about music on the whole, don’t you mind?
Strify: oh, no, we don’t mind!

Bravo: in comparison with other stage bisons, you are a young group ,which only begins to show its potential. Let’s come back in the beginning: when did you gather together and where did you scoop an inspiration? Which groups can you name as your teachers?
Strify: Honestly, we had no special example for imitation. We just wanted to take instruments in hands and write our own music. Just play, sing, write poems. We all have different tastes in music. We directed our attention to pop-music, to gothic, to classic rock and lots of other music tendency.We like lots of groups and it doesn’t matter, in what style they play.We do that what we want and get great pleasure from it.

Bravo: What about being honest? Were there any groups, which influenced on you more than other ones, for sure? Just imagine, you met these groups backstage of some fest. What would you tell them?
Strify: Mmm…. Perhabs, we would say : “Thanx a lot for everything”. We would put in these simple words all our gratitude.

Bravo: What music are you listening now?
Kiro: TATU!!!

Bravo: WOW!!!
EVERYBODY IS LAUGHING

Bravo: So, what music is in your mp3 players now?
Yu: I have a lot of rock music and electronic music.

Bravo: For example?
Yu: Paul van Dyke, The Cascades and lots of others. There are too much music, that I even don’t rememebr all the names.I’m a music lover by my nature. Music styles in my collection are mixed.
Strify: In my Ipod there are David Bowie, Madonna and Placebo, of course.
Rom3o: I like hard music. I have some albums of Killswitch Engage and a couple of groups in this style.Also there some japanese groups: D’espairs Ray, Dir En Grey. I like them very much.

Bravo: Now, let’s get deeper further into history . I remember very well that moment, when in our country thundered a legendary song “Wind of change” by Scorpions…
Kiro: Oh, countrymen!!!

Bravo: Yes. Here, in Russia everyone went crazy with this song and with this group. Personally for me , this group is my childhood. What did you listen to, when you were, for example, 10-12 years old?
Kiro: Oh, that’s a nice question. It’s not easy to recall at once. At that time each of us didn’t find our position of our weakness for music. We listened to everything and at once and tried to realize, what we really liked to listen to most of all. My mother trained me to american music. She often gave me to listen to different groups.
Strify: I was fond of Ace of Base. Do you know them?

Bravo: Of course! I grew up on this group!
Strify: Swedish groups were very popular in our country. At first it was ABBA and then Ace of Base. I don’t know why, but I think, that it was the same in your country.(laughing)
Rom3o: In my childhood I listened to hard and gloomy music. And still listen to it. My childhgood can be called as “ the festival of gothic”. (laughing)

Bravo: Nowadays, in our country and in the whole world german groups are incredibly popular.And it even doesn’t matter, what music they play. How do you think, why?Why exactly German, but not, for example, French?
Strify:Mmmm… Now I even can’t remember some popular French group… Do you know any?(He is asking other members of the group, but they are shrugging their shoulders).I think that nostalgy is guilty of everything. Today we have recalled about “Wind of change” not in vain. Lots of people take care of such memories, coddle them because of their youth. And bit by bit they pay their attention to other german groups in hope to find the same forgotten feeling in the youth. And it seems to me, that German and Russian have the same thinking.

Bravo: If we remember such groups as Rammstein, Tokio Hotel, Lacrimosa, they are all write songs on their mother tongue. Why are your songs in English?
Strify: It’s from school. Once, I just fell in love with English. I constantly wrote something, composed…

Bravo: Have you got poems on German?
Strify: No. It’s much easier for me to express my thoughts in Enlish, don’t know why.

Bravo: Let’s imagine, that know is the year 2040. How is CB running through this year?
Strify: Year 2040?

Bravo: Yes.
Strify: I have no idea! I’m sure, I will die at 27 years old! Many gifted people don’t live to 27! This is a rule! (everybody is laughing).

Bravo: Like “Club 27”?
Strify: Yes!
Kiro: It’s a very interesting, but very complicated question. I want to hope, that by that moment we still will be in good health to give young groups hell.
Rom3o: Please, come to us to take an interview in 2040! Will you come?

Bravo: Yes, sure, at the same place in 30 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment