23 Jan 2010

New Blog from Jack Strify!

It is FASHION WEEK in Berlin.

Personally I think that we still can't catch up with the designer gowns in Paris, Milano, London and New York.
(Karl Lagerfeld would have never gotten that far if he wouldn't have gone to Paris)
In Berlin I'm always missing the decadence of Paris, the passion of Milano, the punk of London and the extravagance of New York.
Still I love Berlin the most because I have my heart here and everyone knows how to have a good time (even without any money in their pockets). Always a little underground - that's the charm of Berlin.
Germans seem to be a little too decent for Haute Couture.


Well, tonight I wasn't at a Haute Couture show. It was the FASHION ROCK NIGHT.

The reason for my post is a comment a nice girl of a German girlgroup made. She didn't intend to offend me. She just didn't know any better.
When I told her, that Cinema Bizarre broke up, she was confused that I still had my style - like I only dressed up for the band.
That seemed kind of stoopid to me but as I already said, she just didn't know any better.

As soon as you are making pop music people tend to think that everything is just made up.
I love pop because it has many faces. I love pop culture because it represents the spirit of our time.
And I am proud to be part of it - with our without mascara.

Style is war. It always was and always will be.

follow strify on blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment